This is a simple raw vegan beginner recipe.
I’m one of those people who can eat ice cream in a blizzard. I even created this ice cream with fall ingredients to prove the point that ice cream just isn’t for summer !
When I started my raw food journey my ice creams use to come out either to icy or to thick and clogy. However after years of practice I have perfected the “art of a perfect scoop” .OK I’m laughing but “ya girl” might just have the best tasting ice cream on the net. One of my secrets is that I use coconut milk and cashews which gives it a fuller ,richer taste.So enjoy this simple raw vegan beginner recipe !
- 3 fresh figs
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup or liquid sweetener
- 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 11/2 cups of water
- 5 figs mashed with a fork
- Blend the first 7 ingredients in your blender, then transfer to your ice cream maker or medium size bowl.
- Add in the mashed figs and freeze then serve.